Phoenix First-Time DUI Lawyer
A Former Prosecutor on Your Side
2023 Super Lawyers
AV Preeminent Rated
Best Law Firm
A+ BBB Accredited
First-Time DUI Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ
Were you pulled over and arrested for your first DUI? Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or a combination of the two, carries harsh penalties. Those penalties have become more and more severe over the years, not only in Arizona, but throughout the United States.
Arizona is certainly no exception to the general rule. In fact, in most studies, Arizona ranks as number 1 among the states as having the most severe DUI laws in the country. Those findings include not only first-time DUI convictions, but also convictions for second and third DUI’s. But the fact is that the penalties for a first DUI conviction in Arizona are severe, much more severe, in fact, than those in most other states.
What is a First-Time DUI Charge?
Can I Get My DUI Reduced through a Plea Bargain?
Request Your Free Consultation
TIPS- What to do if pulled over for a DUI
What are the Penalties for a First-Time DUI?
The consequences of a first-time DUI conviction include the following:
- A minimum jail sentence of 10 consecutive days. While the jail sentence may not, under the statute, be waived, all but one day may be suspended on certain conditions.
- Suspension of your driver’s license for at least 90 days, although you may be able to obtain limited driving privileges after 30 days.
- Mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle, at your cost.
- A fine of at least $250.
- The possibility of being required to perform community restitution.
- Assessments totaling $1,000.
- Attendance and completion of approved driving school classes.
In addition to these court-ordered penalties, you can expect your auto insurance rates to skyrocket for several years.